It’s time for another great developer contest from Harman. This time we’re giving away a pair of AKG 3003i headphones to someone who purchases a product using the discount codes we’ll provide. Official contest rules are below.
Harman Developer Registration Contest – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sponsor: Harman International Industries, Incorporated, with an address at 400 Atlantic Street, 15th Floor, Stamford, CT 06901 (“Harman”).
- Eligibility: The Harman Developer Registration Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the Continental United States and the District of Columbia, plus Hawaii and Alaska, but excluding Rhode Island and any other state[s] where any bond or registration requirements may apply to contests. Participants must be at least sixteen (16) years old at the time of entry to be eligible. Employees of Harman and its parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited, or where any bond, registration, filing or notice requirements apply. Participation in the Contest constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and to Harman’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest and these Official Rules. Eligibility for winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- Timing: The Contest begins on April 1, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on April 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Contest Period”). Harman’s time stamp on any entries received by Harman shall be final and conclusive upon all participants.
- How to Enter: Within the Contest Period, eligible participants have the opportunity to enter the Contest by registering at http://developer.harman.com . Entries will not be judged. One Contest entry for each registered developer and each participant is eligible to win a maximum of only one Contest prize. Use of any automated system to participate in the Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the ownership or authorship of any entry, the registered account holder of the email address used to register on the submitting Twitter account will be deemed to be the registrant or participant. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of identification and of being the authorized account holder. To receive a contest entry by mail, send a self-addressed and postage pre-paid envelope to Harman International Attn: Sean Eckard, 394 University Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94301. Each request must be mailed separately, and must be original and handwritten. Only one alternate entry request allowed per household for the entire Contest. Mobile or Internet access and usage charges imposed by a participant’s mobile or online service may apply.
- Drawings: On or around May 1, 2016, Harman will randomly select the potential Contest winner from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Chances of winning are dependent on the number of Contest entries received. Each potential winner will be notified by email. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, or if Harman does not receive substantive replies to its emails to any potential winner within ten (10) days of Harman’s initial email to such potential winner, or if any prize shipped to a potential winner is returned undeliverable, then such potential winner automatically forfeits eligibility to win a prize, and Harman will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, provided that should such alternate winner also be disqualified for any reason, Harman shall cancel the award of such prize. Prizes will be shipped by Harman approximately two (2) weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
- Prizes: Harman may award a maximum total of one (1) First Prize, with one (1) AKG K 3003i set of earbuds to be awarded per First Prize winner. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each First Prize is $1300. The actual value of prizes is subject to change without any notice. Each potential winner agrees to execute a release releasing Harman from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and any prizes, and the execution and delivery of such release is a condition precedent to each participant’s eligibility for any prizes. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitutions (including any requests for cash redemption) are allowed, except only that Harman may, in its sole discretion, award a prize of equivalent value should the designated prize become unavailable for any reason. Each winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Only one (1) prize per participant. Total ARV of all prizes is $1300.
- Release: In consideration for participating in the Contest and other valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged by participant, each participant agrees to defend, release and hold harmless Harman its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: By participating in the Contest, each participant hereby consents to Harman’s and its agents’ use of each participant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, signature, persona opinions, and/or address for promotional or advertising purposes in any media (now existing or hereafter developed), worldwide, without any payment or consideration.
- Intellectual Property. All submissions, entries, photographs and any copyrighted or copyrightable works or designs or other intellectual property related to this Contest are and shall become the sole property of Harman. By submitting an entry, and to the extent that Harman does not or cannot perfect its title in and to the entries, participant hereby grants the Released Parties the irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote any entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Harman in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any websites).
- General Conditions: Harman reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Harman’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Harman in its sole discretion. Harman reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in any disruptive manner. Harman’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any provision hereof.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest (including but not limited to errors caused by Twitter); (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the expressly stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons whatsoever cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be allocated, made available and/or claimed, Harman shall only be liable to award only the stated number of prizes.
- Winner List: For a winners list, visit [www.developer.harman.com]. The winners list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.